Medication Management is an important part of your routine healthcare!
If you use prescription medications, non-prescription medications, herbals, or other dietary supplements, Medication Management can help you. Your pharmacist is highly trained in medication use and can quickly and efficiently identify medicine-related problems that might be overlooked by your prescriber. You'll have your questions answered and learn about the benefits and risks of your medicines. You'll be able to talk more effectively with your doctor about your medicines and health.
Medication Management is for anyone who:
- uses three or more medications and/or dietary supplements
- has more than one health condition
- has questions or concerns about medications
- takes medications that require close monitoring
- has recently been hospitalized
- sees more than one doctor, OR
- gets medications from more than one pharmacy.
Talking with your pharmacist regularly about your medicines will help you to stay healthier and spend less money overall on health care. For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit "Medication Management - A Guide for Patients."
Available services (click on the service for details):
***Some services are covered in full by prescription insurance. Contact us for more information.
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
The CMR starts with an interview between the pharmacist and patient that usually lasts between 30-45 minutes. During the interview your pharmacist will:
- Make a complete and accurate list of all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins and dietary supplements you are taking.
- Review your medical history and evaluate all medications for efficacy, side effects, drug interactions, and duplications.
- Evaluate the need for all of your medications, and work within established medical guidelines to ensure that any gaps in medication therapy are considered.
- Address your questions and/or concerns about your medications and provide education about how your medications work, their possible side effects, and issues you need to be aware of.
- Devise a written plan to resolve medication-related problems identified during the review.
- Provide you with an up-to-date medication list and written plan to address any medication-related problems that were identified.
- Initial consultation -$129.00***
- Subsequent annual review - $99.00***
Targeted Medication Review
A more narrow review than the CMR described above, During a Targeted Medication Review your pharmacist will:
- Make a list of medications being used for a particular health problem of concern to you
- Evaluate each medication for effectiveness, duplication, and adverse effects
- Discuss questions or concerns related to the medications and health problem at issue
- Devise a plan to resolve medication-related problems
Fee - $79.00***
Transitional Medication Review
Being hospitalized often results in medication changes. Misunderstanding a new medication regimen is a common reason for emergency room visits and readmission to the hospital. During a Transitional Medication Review your pharmacist will:
- Compare your new medication list to your previous list
- Look for duplications and drug interactions
- Explain what your new medications are for and what side effects to watch for
- Make a plan to get all your medication-related questions and concerns resolved
Fee - $129.00***
One of the goals of Medication Management is to educate and empower individuals to communicate comfortably and effectively with their prescribers. But we know there are times that medication-related problems require prompt and professional attention. When that happens, your BetterMyMeds pharmacist can assist you by contacting your prescriber directly to discuss medication-related concerns and devise a plan to resolve them.
Fee - $39.00
Ongoing Medication and Disease Management
There are situations when more than a comprehensive or targeted review is needed. BetterMyMeds is here to provide ongoing education, support, and follow up when medication-related problems require time to resolve. BetterMyMeds will collaborate with your healthcare team to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring of health concerns, drug effectiveness, and potential adverse drug effects
- Improve adherence to medications to get their maximum benefit
- Provide ongoing education and support regarding medication use
- Work with you to ensure that your medications are personalized
Fee - $15.00/month
Pharmacogenetic Testing and Counseling
Genetic makeup plays a role in determining how individuals respond to many medications. Science now allows us to test for the genetic differences that make some people likely to respond to lower (or higher) doses of medications or put them at higher risk of adverse drug effects. Learn more here.
Fee - $399.00
Other Medication Management Services
- Pharmacotherapy consults
- Anticoagulation management
- Health and wellness programs
Contact BetterMyMeds for current fees
For information about common health concerns, see our Online Resources. Here you'll find links to objective sources of information about lung disease, sleep problems, heart disease, diabetes, medication affordability and more.
Check out our Forms and Documents to download a wallet-sized medication list or a pamphlet to help you get more information about prescription medicines.
Purchase a gift card.