Medication Management is an important part of your routine healthcare!
If you use prescription medications, non-prescription medications, herbals, or other dietary supplements, Medication Management can help you. Your pharmacist is medication expert and can easily identify medicine-related problems that might be overlooked by your prescriber. You'll have your questions answered and learn about the benefits and risks of your medicines. You'll be able to talk more effectively with your doctor about your medicines and health.
Medication Management is for anyone who:
uses three or more medications and/or dietary supplements
has more than one health condition
has questions or concerns about medications
takes medications that require close monitoring
has recently been hospitalized
sees more than one doctor, OR
gets medications from more than one pharmacy.
Talking with your pharmacist regularly about your medicines will help you to stay healthier and spend less money overall on health care. For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit "Medication Management - A Guide for Patients."
Available services (click on the service for details):
***Some services are covered in full by prescription insurance. Contact us for more information.
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
The CMR starts with an interview between the pharmacist and patient that usually lasts between 30-45 minutes. During the interview your pharmacist will:
- Make an up-to-date list of all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins and dietary supplements you're taking.
- Review your medical history and ensure that each medication is necessary, safe, and doing its job.
- Evaluate all your medical problems to ensure that each one is being treated adequately.
- Answer your questions and/or concerns about your medications, explain how your medications work, their possible side effects, and how to self-monitor their effectiveness.
- Devise a written plan to resolve medication-related problems identified during the review.
- Provide you with an up-to-date medication list and a copy of the written plan.
- Initial consultation -$149.00***
- Subsequent annual review - $99.00***
Targeted Medication Review
A more narrow review than the CMR described above, During a Targeted Medication Review your pharmacist will:
- Make a list of medications being used for a particular health problem of concern to you
- Evaluate each medication for effectiveness, duplication, and adverse effects
- Discuss questions or concerns related to the medications and health problem at issue
- Devise a plan to resolve medication-related problems
Fee - $84.00***
Transitional Medication Review
Hospitalization often results in medication changes. Misunderstanding a new medication regimen is a common reason for emergency room visits and readmission to the hospital. During a Transitional Medication Review your pharmacist will:
- Compare your new medication list to your previous list
- Look for duplications and drug interactions
- Explain what your new medications are for and what side effects to watch for
- Make a plan to get all your medication-related questions and concerns resolved
Fee - $129.00***
One of the goals of Medication Management is to educate and empower you to communicate comfortably and effectively with your prescriber. But we know there are times that medication-related problems require prompt and professional attention. When that happens, your BetterMyMeds pharmacist can assist you by contacting your prescriber directly to discuss medication-related concerns and devise a plan to resolve them.
Fee - $45.00
Ongoing Medication and Disease Management
The best way to stay healthy is to have an ongoing relationship with your personal pharmacist. BetterMyMeds is here to provide the education, support, and follow up you need to keep your health on track. BetterMyMeds will collaborate with your healthcare team to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring of health concerns, drug effectiveness, and potential adverse drug effects
- Help you adhere to your medication regimen to get the maximum benefit health benefit
- Provide ongoing education and support regarding medication use
- Work with you to ensure that your medications are personalized
Fee - $18.00/month
Pharmacogenetic Testing and Counseling
Genetic makeup plays a role in determining how individuals respond to many medications. Science now allows us to test for the genetic differences that make some people likely to respond to lower (or higher) doses of medications or put them at higher risk of adverse drug effects. Learn more here.
Fee - $399.00
Other Medication Management Services
- Pharmacotherapy consults
- Anticoagulation management
- Health and wellness programs
Contact BetterMyMeds for current fees